Friday, September 17, 2010

Adjustments

Alright, I'm going to have to make this a short post since I just had a calculus class that went downhill in a real hurry, so I have to go review trigonometry, and it will do me no good to get off on a  tangent (har. har.). I knew I shouldn't have bragged to my parents about the courses being easy, it just invites disaster. Hello, hubris, my old friend. I've come to see you once again.

Anyway, as a result of a note written by a friend of mine on facebook, which I shall have to discover if I can reprint, with proper citations, since it is some serious food for thought, I have realized that if I want to be looking in to these matters on politics, rights, freedoms, and the flammability of holy texts, I should be starting where this started; with the constitutions and charters that define our system and other's. Needless to say, I've got some reading to do.

Finally, I should  point out, as others have, that I should support Pastor Jones's right to freedom, to do with such as he chooses, even if I disagree, but I feel it is pertinent for Mr. Jones to know that I only support him inasmuch as failure to do so would be a failure to uphold my own right to freedoms. But that doesn't mean that given half a chance to stop him and maintain ethical integrity, I would not do everything in my power to do so. Meaning he has the right to do as he pleases and I have the right to talk about how stupid he is for doing so.

No comments: