Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Vegemite

Thank heavens I don't live in the United States.

Vegemite is banned there.
Vegemite. For the unlearned masses Vegemite is a peanut butter kinda substance, quite salty, that Australians traditionally have on bread. It seems to be a kinda of cultural point, because I don't think I could choke it down, but they love it. Anyway, The U.S. has banned it because it contains Folate, something they only want to see added to bread or cereal.
Dude, Vegemite could practically be bread. I wonder if they could sell it under the label "bread".

when I think about possible reasons for this, the only one I can conjure is that this is another instance of hand-holding. Trying to ensure Americans don't have to read what they eat, or try to eat healthy. Which doesn't really explain why McDonalds doesn't have to post warnings on their burgers "Should not be eaten more than once a week".

I think we should all ask why the U.S. is trying to cheese off Australians so much...
they don't have weapons of mass destruction do they?
Australia is a strategically located land mass...If you're trying to take over China...

No comments: