Sunday, September 17, 2006

Life

While I still have yet to uncover the meaning of life (so close, tho I' sure) I have discovered that the best way to live it is to make yourself happy at the moment. There is never going to be a point in your life where you fulfill what you want, and suddenly you're happy for the rest of your life. You have to simply decide that everything is okay. This doesn't mean stop furthering yourself, but love what you have now.
In the wake of the Montreal shooting tragedy, I think it is really important to be happy with ourselves in all things, and to learn that attitude really does decide everything. Studies have found (oh I hate that vauge expression, but i'll find my sources I hope) that Millionaires rated their happiness at the same level that Mongolian (I think Mongolian) sheepherders did. This means it doesn't matter what you have, where you are, or what. If nothing is activly making you unhappy, you should be able to make yourself content. I think we also really need to teach our kids that mental disorders are not necessarily a problem, but simply a fact of one's personality. If you are determined, you and your brain will work to cope with the problem. I am really fascinated with the ability of the human body to adapt and overcome.
Have faith.

No comments: