Friday, November 18, 2005

Another movie Review

I'm a little behind, but I finally saw Madagascar the movie. It was cute, and even had a few scenes that made me snort with laughter, but I gotta say, they tripped. The potential in that movie that is screaming for a more adult feel! The monkeys had so much! I was hoping, but the few shots of them are brief, yet packed. The penguins, tho cute, are more like the type of people I meet everyday, but the monkeys were unusual and so contrary! "I hear Tom Wolf is giving a lecture." *brief flurry of sign language* "Of course we're going to fling poo at him!" Fabulous! and With the precious little sign I know, I'm farely sure he was actually signing, rather than just doing something that looked like it. Brilliant.
However, my favorite line, which will undoubtably be parroted daily is: "Nature! It's all over me! Get it off!"
I've finally achieved renting Devil's Reject's, which if I haven't mentioned before, is a strangly alluring film. There is something about the sheer force of the characters that draws you in. Perhaps it is because I'm a bit of a psychologist, and the image of that much psychotic issue is more tempting than an amusement park! But, perhaps it is due to the careful balance of justice and freedom in the end. *spoiler* On one hand when the officer is torturing them, you are assagued with a sense of justice. 'Ah-ha! They are recieving their come-uppance.' Yet when tiny pulls the officer off the blond girl, you don't feel cheated out of justice. It's just enough. Then you feel free to honor the spirit in their characters, it is almost as if they have atoned, or at least justice has been served. When they fly towards the roadblock in the convertable, it is with a sense of finality, but joy. A famous last stand, a blaze of glory. and so help me if I'm not a sucker for that.
I will say that I may only hold this view because I have yet to see the first one, perhaps it will change.
anyway, It's late. Night, all.

No comments: