Friday, September 07, 2007

Night Shift

Things are going exceptionally well in my new job. I really enjoy it. The slight responsability, the calmness, the few people, the time to catch up on my reading, the time to think about things. It's good pay, with a good chance to move up and very little unpleasantness. I've even adjusted to the strange hours I now demand my body keep. It will happily accept 4 hours of sleep one day, then 9 hours the next. This is good.

Coming up I have a Chinese wedding in Vancouver. I'm relaly excited, and am using it as an excuse to buy myself something pretty to wear with the money I received from selling the Tempo. I'm just not sure what type to buy. Is it too stereotypical to buy a mandarin style dress? Do I care if it is?

I've also decided to pay off my condo and buy my own place in the next three years. It feels good to have a goal in mind. Jared's not a bad roommate, but when I come home,and it's empty and I have the place to myself, I just feel so happy. It's feasible to pay it off in this time, plus by them I'll have had the same job for over 2 years, so I will likely be able to get a mortgage on my own, and hopeful the housing market will have calmed down. I also need to consider when I should get my eyes done, however. I have decided to get lazer eye surgery, as this is the only way I will be accepted into the police force, my vision is so bad. I'm just not sure how to go about it, I know so little about it.

I'll refrain from posting here about my relationships because, right now, they're very confusing, and there's not much I can do that will unconfuse them. It seems right now in life, the best thing I can do is just wait...I'm not very good at this however.

I miss my family terrible though. I hope they come back soon. When is Thanksgiving again anyway?

Stephen is still not walking, despite being over a year old now. He seems to be talking however, "mama" and such. So endearing.

I'm really jealous of all the people starting classes this semester for some reason. I have no idea why. Maybe it's cause I had scarecely considered the idea that one day I would be out of school. It's scary out here.

Anyway.

No comments: